Horticultural advisors provide accurate, horticultural help and advice for the gardening public at RHS Garden Wisley and at other locations around Britain, including RHS shows. The post holder will also undertake duties associated with the day-to-day operation of the site and event where required.
- Provide answers, or arrange for information to be sent, in response to enquiries by visitors to events and RHS gardens.
- Support the RHS Press Office, Membership, Marketing and the Regional Development departments.
- Assist the advisory service by bringing errors and omissions in advisory literature and databases to the attention of the advisory management.
What do you need?
- Possess horticultural qualifications, ideally to graduate level or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of garden plants.
- Be aware of the scope and nature of the horticultural industry.
- Practical gardening experience, demonstrated by a senior position in a horticultural establishment or other gardening position to a high standard such as successfully exhibiting at shows.
- Experience of giving horticultural advice, demonstrated by similar duties in previous positions or activities.
- Experience of dealing with the public in person demonstrated by similar duties in previous positions or activities.