To plan, quality control and ensure the proper presentation of the horticultural content of BBC Gardeners' World Live. To maintain,
improve and promote the show as one of the world’s pre-eminent
- Responsible for planning and assembling the horticultural content of the show.
- Ensure that the show offers wide visitor appeal through horticultural displays, floral displays, garden design and other associated activities.
- Liaise with the show organisers (BBC Worldwide and BBC Haymarket Exhibitions) to develop the editorial content of the show.
- To work with the Event Presenter (employed by the BBC HEL) on the overall layout of the show, taking particular responsibility for the detailed floor plans of the horticultural sections.
- Assist with the assembly of the horticultural/media competitions and promotions to ensure that they are consistent with the policies of the show.
- To devise special and interactive features with the assistance of the Horticultural Features Manager. To negotiate with partners and sponsors to find cost-effective solutions to proposals.
- To schedule detailed staging requirements for horticultural exhibitors and liaise with staging staff. To supervise the accurate layout, build-up and breakdown for all horticultural exhibitors.
- To ensure the compilation of a comprehensive photographic record of the show each year.
What do you need?
- Education to degree level or equivalent.
- Good horticultural knowledge and an understanding of garden design, nursery techniques, the transportation and storage of plants and the exhibition of specimen plants to show standards.
- Managing outdoor, medium/large-scale events which are open to the public.
- Managing projects.
- Negotiating with venue landlords, partners, sponsors and other external bodies.
- Providing creative solutions in display horticulture.
- Budget planning.
- Managing landscape designers, exhibitors, floral designers and artists.
- Assembling complex projects, involving several partners.