Your plot will be bursting with crops for the picking and nothing tastes nicer than being able to eat fresh produce.
Fruit & veg
Lettuce, carrots, spring cabbage, kale, chard, radish, turnip, fennel, parsley
Lettuce, radish, rocket, spinach and chard
- Keep harvesting your crops so they aren’t wasted.
- If your strawberries have finished cropping then remove the straw from around them and compost it.
- Water your plants every two weeks and containers daily in dry spells of weather. Remember that seedlings will need careful and frequent watering until they are growing strongly.
- Remember to keep weeding!
- Mulching borders (adding a layer compost, bark etc.) can help to keep in moisture and restrict weed growth. Apply the mulch after it has rained or you have watered.
- Don’t dead head your roses; leave them to develop hips for wildlife to enjoy.
- Keep bird feeders and water topped up for adult and young birds.