The days are longer and warmer and it’s lovely to be outside!
Fruit & Veg
Turnips, salad leaves, radishes and courgettes
Lettuce, peas, broad beans, carrots, spinach and early potatoes
- Keep your plot weed free.
- If the weather is warm and dry, water your crops regularly.
- Net your strawberry plants as the fruit begins to ripen to stop the birds eating the strawberries.
- Make sure that tall or floppy plants are supported in the flower garden.
Plant out any summer bedding plants.
- Put up a bat nesting box.
- Leave the hips on roses after they have flowered to provide a food source for wildlife.