Summer is just around the corner and the garden is growing, flowers smell nice and insects are buzzing. Make the most of the sunny days by doing some jobs in your garden.
Fruit & Veg
Sow radish and spinach outside, and sow courgettes and French beans inside.
Early sowings of salad leaves, salad onions and rhubarb.
- Continue to earth up your potatoes as they grow.
- The weeds are growing strong – don’t forget to keep weeding!
- Protect your seedlings and young plants from frosts by using horticultural fleece.
- Remove the dead flower heads of daffodils but leave the foliage to die back naturally.
- Put support stakes and netting in for perennial plants as they start to grow.
- Continue to fill up bird feeders for the birds.
- Choose some annual flowers to sow now to attract insects and butterflies to your garden.