This bursary offers up to £1,000 to help botanical artists paint or draw plants in their natural habitats.
This bursary is awarded annually by the RHS Bursaries Advisory Committee in association with the RHS Picture Advisory Committee to either assist a botanical artist to exhibit at one of the RHS shows or travel in order to paint or draw plants in their natural habitats. The value of the award will be up to a maximum of £1,000 and may be divided between two or more botanical artists.
This award was established in 2005 in memory of the late Dawn Jolliffe by her husband Mr Brian Jolliffe.
General conditions of application
- Preference will be given to artists who are not yet established.
- All artists are required to submit a selection or samples of their work to the RHS Picture Advisory Committee for approval before they can be accepted as an exhibitor at an RHS show.
- Submission of a Dawn Jolliffe Botanical Art Bursary application is dependent on assessment by the RHS Picture Advisory Committee that an applicant’s botanical artwork is of the required standard.
- For publicity purposes, candidates who are successful in receiving an award will be requested to provide copies of their artworks for use in RHS publications and on the website.
- The copyright to all artworks produced would be retained by the artist and all reproductions of the works would be credited wherever possible.
Download an application form for the Dawn Jolliffe Botanical Art Bursary for travel
Download an application form for the Dawn Jolliffe Botanical Art Bursary for exhibiting
Find out more about applying for bursaries
Find out more about exhibiting at RHS shows