The Osaka Travel Award aims to encourage cross-cultural horticultural ideas between Japan and the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The award is to provide an opportunity to benefit from an exchange of ideas between Japan and the United Kingdom and Ireland in the field of horticulture.
The award was established in 1991 from the balance of funds allocated to meet the costs of constructing a British garden exhibit at the International Garden and Greenery Exposition – Expo 90 – staged in Osaka.
General conditions of application
- This award is restricted to individual amateur or professional horticulturists, with Japanese or British citizenship.
- Please refer to detailed conditions of applications.
- Eligible projects include: the study of horticulture in general or in a specialised horticultural topic; visits to gardens or horticultural institutions; participation in a short–term research project; study with an acknowledged expert.
- In the event of strong competition, awards may be made to British and Japanese applicants in alternate years.
- Applicants are preferably between 25 and 35 years of age.
- Educational courses are not eligible.
Download the group/personal application form
Find out more about applying for bursaries