Harlow Carr offers an exciting and varied programme of short courses and day workshops for adults to increase their understanding of gardening and plants. These events are delivered by RHS horticulturalists and external specialists. In addition, Craven College (Skipton) runs a number of long-term courses based at Harlow Carr.
The courses cover the following themes and are listed in our course guide (downloadable from the link top right):
- Horticulture (including growing fruit, vegetables, herbs and cut flowers; garden history; propagation and pruning; garden design; hanging basket practical workshops)
- Garden crafts (including willow-weaving, making mosaics, herbal medicines and hedge-laying.
- Botanical Art
- Floral Art
Long courses running at Harlow Carr
The following courses are running from September 2012, run by Craven College:
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture
- RHS Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Practical Horticulture
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Garden Design
More details on these courses