Are you a keen gardener, passionate about plants, and wanting to learn more? Or do you want to start a career in horticulture? Thinking about a career change? Maybe you are working in the horticultural industry and want to gain a qualification?
The RHS offers a range of qualifications to meet the needs of all those wishing to develop their horticultural knowledge and skills. Although they are aimed at those wishing to acquire the skills and knowledge to pursue a career in horticulture, the qualifications are also ideal for the keen gardener who wishes to develop their horticultural knowledge and skills.
The RHS offers qualifications that enable learners to develop their knowledge and skills, and to progress from the Level 1 Award in Practical Horticulture through to the Master of Horticulture, the Society’s most prestigious qualification.
You can choose to follow either a theory or practical based route of study, or a combination of the both - but whatever your choice, you can rest assured that RHS qualifications are highly respected both within the horticultural industry and in the academic world.
The RHS Level 1 Award in Practical Horticulture is aimed at anyone who has an interest in plants and gardening.
Whether you're a keen gardener or already in the horticultural industry, this qualification focuses on developing essential horticultural skills and provides a foundation for other RHS practical qualifications at Level 2 and Level 3.
Find out more about our Level 1 award
Our Level 2 qualifications can provide a route into the horticultural profession, they can support career development for those already working in the field of horticulture or they can provide a foundation for further learning or training.
There are both theory-based and practical-based qualifications at Level 2:
- The theory- based qualifications focus on developing the knowledge and understanding of a range of horticultural practices.
- The practical-based qualification focuses on developing further the essential horticultural skills introduced at Level 1.
- The RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture combines both the theory-based and practical based qualifications.
Find out more about our Level 2 qualifications
Our Level 3 qualifications not only offer opportunities for employment, but also enable you to begin to specialise in your area of interest. They can offer proficiency for those looking for employment in horticulture, they can support further career and professional development for those already working in the field, or they can provide a basis for continued learning or training.
There are both theory-based and practical- based qualifications at Level 3:
- The theory- based qualifications expands on the knowledge and understanding of a range of horticultural practices covered at Level 2 and introduces pathways into future horticulture disciplines.
- The practical-based qualification builds on the essential horticultural skills covered at Level 2 allowing the learner to begin to specialise in their area of interest.
- The RHS Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture combines both the theory-based and practical based qualifications.
Find out more about our Level 3 qualifications
The Master of Horticulture (RHS) Award is the Society’s most prestigious professional horticultural qualification. It is of degree level. Designed primarily for those already working within the profession, the modular structure allows for flexible self-study over a period of three years or more.
Find out more about our Master of Horticulture award