Sustainable gardening is the concept of using garden practices to maintain a garden so that natural resources (such as water, peat and fuel) are not exhausted, and without causing severe ecological damage to the existing landscape.
Small changes can be made by gardeners but will have a positive effects on the environment such as:
- Managing water effectively
- Encouraging wildlife into your garden
- Growing your own fruit and vegetables
- Avoiding chemical fertilisers and pesticides
- Avoid using natural resources such as peat