In this issue of The Plantsman we hear about developments in Canna, terrestrial evergreen Calanthe, an overview of Hoya, Chelsea Plant of the Year, Gladiolus dalenii and its variants, Dirca, hybrid Lysichiton, Magnolia sapaensis, a new Hibiscus cultivar, and garden microclimates.
Additionally, the plantsperson biography is on Collingwood Ingram, known for more than just flowering cherries. See the contents list below and enjoy some of the free articles.
MIKE GRANT, Editor
- Developments in Canna - Keith Hayward
- Dirca: unusual North American shrubs - Kelly Norris & William Graves
- A hybrid swamp lantern - James Armitage
- Chelsea Plant of the Year - Graham Rice
- A new Hibiscus cultivar - Brian Mathew
- Terrestrial evergreen Calanthe - Jeff Hutchings
- Gladiolus dalenii and its variants - Isobyl La Croix
- A new species of Petrocosmea - Julian Shaw
- An overview of Hoya - Livia Wanntorp
- The effects of plants on garden microclimates - Tijana Blanusa & Rachael Tanner
- Encounters with Magnolia sapaensis - Nick Macer
- Collingwood Ingram - Ursula Buchan