Chelsea Florist of the Year competition 2013
If you'd like to see your floristry displayed at Chelsea in 2013, book your place now for one of the heats taking place around the country.
The heats for the RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year competition for 2013 are now under way.
The winning entries for the competition, run in association with the British Florist Association, will be exhibited at the 2013 RHS Chelsea Flower Show and display the very best in professional retail floristry.
There are heats at 13 venues throughout the UK, starting from October and running until February 2013.
The two categories are:
- The RHS Young Chelsea Florist of the Year : (ages between 16 - 25 years)
- The RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year : (ages 26 and over)
The competition is open to:
- Any florist working in or owning a retail florist shop
- Students or tutors at an approved floristry school or recognised college
- Freelance florists who are VAT registered. Please note that RHS entry criteria does preclude freelance florists who are not VAT registered.
How to enter
To enter you will need to submit a piece of floristry, following the relevant competition schedule, into one of the regional qualifying heats to be held at the BFA Local Meetings. The highest scoring entry from each category will qualify for a place at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. The entry fee for the competition is £15 (plus VAT & booking fee). This fee is charged for the heat entry only. There is no fee to enter the final.