Chelsea Centenary Facebook and Twitter Photography Competition
To mark the Chelsea Flower Show centenary in 2013, we're looking for photographs of the show through the decades.
As part of the celebrations for the centenary of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, we’re inviting you to take part in our photography competition.
We'd like to see your photographs of the show in its earlier days to tell the story of how Chelsea style has changed through the decades; from the crowds mingling with royalty (like our photo above from RHS Lindley Library), to the plants in the spectacular Great Pavilion, and the cutting-edge show gardens, the centenary year is an opportunity to look back on 100 years of horticultural inspiration and excellence.
Thank you in advance for sharing your memories – we look forward to seeing them!
How to enter
Simply post up to five photographs on either our RHS Chelsea Flower Show Facebook page with the words RHS Chelsea Flower Show centenary competition in the description or share the photo on Twitter with the words #RHSChelsea competition included in the tweet.
Please read the terms and conditions below before taking part.
We will choose one winning photograph and the prizes will be one pair of tickets to RHS Chelsea Flower Show on 25 May 2013 and one pair of tickets to our Exclusive Preview Evening of RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show on 8 July 2013.
Competition deadline: midnight 5 April 2013.
Terms & conditions
1. This competition is open to all residents of the UK and Eire, with the exception of employees of the promoters and prize supplying companies and their families or anyone else connected with this competition.
2. Entries must be received by the closing date set out in the competition details. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible or fail to reach the promoter by the closing date for any reason.
3. Only five entries per person per competition.
4. The photograph(s) entered must be taken at RHS Chelsea Flower Show and must be owned by the individual entering the photo.
5. To enter the competition, share the photo on Facebook or Twitter with the appropriate description as stated in the competition information.
6. One winner will be selected by the RHS. The decision of the promoter as to the winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Details of prizes are stated in the competition information. No alternative prizes or cash alternative will be offered to these prizes.
8. No under 18s will be admitted to the RHS Hampton Court Exclusive Preview Evening.
9. The winners will be notified on either Facebook or Twitter within one week of the closing date and will be required to send their contact details by 10 May 2013 in order to receive their prize soon afterwards.
10. To obtain a list of winners for the competition please e-mail email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading two weeks after the closing date.
11. By entering the free competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules.
12. No correspondence about the results, answers and prizes will be entered into.
The main promoter is the Royal Horticultural Society, 80 Vincent Square, London SW1P 2PE.