1. Purchase of the ticket is conditional that the purchaser has read and understood these terms and conditions and these terms and conditions incorporate the regulations of the host venue as displayed at the venue and detailed below and upon payment of the purchase price by the purchaser he/she accepts the aforementioned terms and conditions.
2(a). Tickets are valid only if obtained through RHS's appointed agent(s) or recognised group tour operator(s) (‘the Official Partners’) or RHS Special Events Ltd (‘RHS’) The ticket(s) shall remain at all times the property of RHS and shall not be resold, donated or transferred (save as in accordance with clause 3. below) and shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any person, commercial agent, company or otherwise than directly by the applicant through RHS or the Official Partners. Members are entitled to purchase a limit of FOUR tickets at member rate or for member days(eight for joint members)
2. (b)The use of tickets as prizes in commercial promotions, hospitality or travel package, lotteries or competitions without the prior written consent of RHS is expressly prohibited.
3. If more than one ticket is issued to an applicant, those tickets may be used only by the applicant and the person(s) intending to accompany that applicant to and at the show. The provision of such ticket(s) by an applicant to such person(s) without payment shall not contravene clause 2.(a) and (b) above.
4. The RHS shall be entitled to refuse admission to or eject any ticket holder if it shall think fit without giving any reason, provided that this right shall not be exercised unreasonably.
5. Any ticket obtained or is, in the reasonable opinion of RHS, being used in breach of the terms & conditions shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such ticket shall be nullified. Any person seeking to use a ticket obtained in breach of these terms and conditions in order to gain or provide entry will be ejected and liable to legal action.
6. Tickets cannot be replaced after purchase.
Concessions must be mentioned at the time of booking and cannot be applied in retrospect.
7. Tickets can be exchanged for a ticket of the same value or less on an alternative day or show (RHS Show, Cardiff/ RHS Chelsea Flower Show/Hampton Court Palace Flower Show/RHS Show, Tatton Park) within the same year if returned at least 2 weeks before the date of the original ticket, subject to availability and an administration charge (£5).
8. RHS reserves the right to amend the venue regulations as reasonably necessary from time to time by reasonable notice, including without limitation, by posting revised venue regulations on its website at the URL www.rhs.org.uk, which amended venue regulations shall be binding upon the ticket holder.
9. Ownership or possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on the ticket holder to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trade marks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket.
10. RHS may assign the benefit and burden of its rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to the Royal Horticultural Society or any of its subsidiaries.
Cancellation or Curtailment of Show - Refund Policy
11. Purchasers of Full-Day Tickets
(i) If the show closes within two hours of the time the show actually opened to holders of full-day tickets, the original purchaser of the tickets will be refunded with the amount that they paid for the ticket(s). The maximum refund payable will be the face value of the ticket(s) for the day concerned.
(ii) If the show closes after two hours but within four hours of the time the show actually opened to holders of full-day tickets, the original purchaser of the tickets will be refunded with half of the amount that they paid for the ticket(s). The maximum refund payable will be half of the face value of the ticket(s) for the day concerned.
(iii) If the show closes after four hours from the time the show actually opened to holders of full-day tickets, no refund will be made.
12. Purchasers of Half-Day Tickets
(i) If the show closes within one hour of the time the show actually opened to holders of half-day tickets, the original purchaser of the ticket(s) will be refunded with the amount that they paid for the ticket(s). The maximum refund payable will be the face value of the ticket(s) for the day and period concerned.
(ii) If the show closes after one hour but within two hours of the time the show actually opened to holders of half-day tickets, the original purchaser of the ticket(s) will be refunded with half of the amount that they paid for the ticket(s). The maximum refund payable will be half of the face value of the ticket(s) for the day and period concerned.
(iii) If the show closes after two hours from the time the actually show opened to holders of half-day tickets, no refund will be made.
13. Purchasers of Evening Tickets
(i) If the show closes within one hour of the time the show actually opened to holders of evening tickets, the original purchaser of the ticket(s) will be refunded with half of the amount that they paid for the ticket(s). The maximum refund payable will be half of the face value of the ticket(s) for the day and period concerned.
(ii) If the show closes after one hour from the time the show actually opened to holders of evening tickets, no refund will be made.
14. General Refund Conditions
(i) The RHS's decision on how long the show was open will be final.
(ii) Only the original purchasers of the tickets are eligible for refunds under the terms and conditions.
(iii) Wherever possible and in accordance with the provisions above, refunds will be paid out automatically by RHS or the Official Partners for tickets bought in advance, using the original payment method (i.e. direct to credit / debit card account or by cheque).
(iv) Tickets bought at the show should be returned to: RHS, 80 Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PE. Applications for refunds will only be accepted if received within 60 days of the event. Refunds will be made by cheque and sent by 1st class post.
(v) Ticket holders will not be eligible for refunds in any of the following circumstances:
* If tickets were purchased from any other source other than through RHS or the Official Partners including but not limited to unauthorised ticket agencies or other sources.
* If only part of the show was forced to close.
(vi) Refunds will only be given on tickets, according to the terms and conditions.
(vii) RHS shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind whether direct or consequential, including but not limited to travel expenses, car parking fees and catalogues and the ticket holder waives all rights of whatsoever nature against RHS, the Official Partners, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives in respect of injury, death, loss or damage arising from or pursuant to the show. Nothing in the terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict liability for personal injury or death due to negligence.13. Purchasers of 'Show Ticket & RHS Membership' packages:
The following additional clauses apply:
(i) Only the face value of the show tickets (or part thereof) will be refunded, not the value of the membership.
(ii) As neither the RHS nor the Official Partners holds details of the original purchaser, refunds will only be made to the applicant, by cheque, on production of their tickets. To be valid, applications for refunds must be made within 60 days of the Show.
15. Purchasers of 'Ticket and Meal' Packages:
(i) The show tickets element of the package will be refunded to the original purchaser in accordance with the policies above.
The following additional clauses apply:
- (iii) If the show closes before the end of the meal collection period, the original purchaser will be refunded with the amount that they paid for the meal element of the package, provided that the unused meal collection voucher is returned to the RHS, with details of the original purchaser, within 60 days of the event.
- (iv) If the show closes after the meal collection period, no refund of the meal element of the package will be made.
Animals cannot be admitted except for guide and assistance dogs
16. Subject to these terms and conditions, the selected ticket evidences the ticket holder’s entitlement to enter the venue. The selected ticket entitles entry into the venue for only one person (child or adult).
17. The ticket holder shall not engage in any form of “ambush marketing” (ambush marketing is an activity by a party which utilises the publicity value of an event without having any official involvement or connection with the event) and shall not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsors, suppliers, broadcasters or other parties commercially associated with the show, nor conduct unauthorised promotions or other commercial activity.
18. Only persons specially authorised by RHS in writing are permitted to offer newspapers, periodicals, drinks, food or any other articles for sales inside the venue.
19. The consumption of intoxicating liquors is permitted only in the bars or other authorised areas or places during hours decided by RHS, and the right is reserved to close bars at any time.
20. The ticket must be produced at appropriate entry points and/or on demand by any authorised official.
21. Please note that this is a temporary, outdoor show on open parkland and is subject to varying weather and ground conditions. Although some temporary track way is laid, much of the show is on open ground and care must be taken. We therefore advise that you check the weather forecast for the day of your visit, consider the nature of the show and the effects of any inclement weather on surface conditions, and wear suitable clothing and footwear. In extreme weather conditions, access may be restricted in the interest of safety.
22. Chelsea only: Strictly no admittance will be given to pushchairs, prams and children under 5 years of age. There are no crèche facilities inside or outside the show.
23. RHS reserves the right to refuse entry and/or eject the ticket holder without reason.
24. Entry to the venue is subject to the right of RHS to search the ticket holder and their belongings. Entry with prohibited items is restricted. 'Prohibited Items' include weapons, political or offensive materials, dangerous items, alcohol, ladders, steps, musical instruments, bicycles, skates, and such other items as RHS may deem to be prohibited from time to time.
25. Tickets merely give the right to enter the show upon the stated terms and conditions.
26. The use of cameras, video or other recording or transmission equipment for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden and any such photographs or recordings may not be used without the prior written consent of RHS. Each Ticket holder gives his or her irrevocable consent to the use by the RHS or its nominees, free of charge, of his or her voice, image and/or likeness in live or recorded video display, broadcast or in other transmission or recording, photographs, or any other media now or hereafter existing, taken or recorded in connection with the show.
27. If the ticket holder fails to obey the posted signs or reasonable instructions of stewards and officials or who behaves in an abusive manner or whose presence is a source of danger or annoyance to others RHS reserves the right to revoke the ticket and the bearer will be asked to leave the grounds, and no refund will be made.
28. Vehicles and their contents are parked at the owners’ (or driver’s own) risk and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage to the vehicle or its contents unless due to the negligence of the Society, any of its subsidiaries or their employees.
Charity Gala Preview Evenings
Separate terms and conditions apply to holders of tickets for the Chelsea Flower Show Charity Gala Preview or the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show Charity Gala Preview, purchased from RHS. To obtain a copy of these terms and conditions, please write to: RHS Special Events Limited, 80 Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PE or email email@example.com.