Garden: 9.30am–5pm Monday–Sunday (pre-booked time slots only)
Book garden time slot
Garden Centre: 10am–6pm Monday–Saturday
11am–5pm (browsing from 10.30am) Sunday
(there is no need to pre-book to visit the Garden Centre)
Updated 5 January 2021
Following the latest Government guidelines announced on 4 January 2021, RHS Garden Harlow Carr remains open for exercise.
We ask that everyone visiting the garden does not travel outside of their local area, defined in the latest Government guidelines as the village, town, or part of the city where they live.
Mandatory pre-booking remains in place, and during the new national lockdown, capacity for the garden has been further reduced to limit the numbers of visitors at any one time.
Enclosed areas of the garden, including the Alpine House and Bird Hide, will remain closed in line with the regulations. Play areas will stay open.
Indoor catering venues are closed, but takeaway refreshments are available. The Garden Centre will remain open during this period with limits on the number of people allowed inside at any one time.
We’re hugely grateful for the continued support of our members and visitors.
- All visitors including members, guests of members and under 5s will require a pre-booked time slot
- Visitors are asked to display their booking confirmation and valid membership cards on arrival at the garden. You will not be allowed entry to the garden without confirmation of your booking
- Members are allowed to bring one adult guest or up to two children per membership card holder (in line with existing membership terms)
- Time slots available for booking between 9.30am and 3.30pm. Last admission at 3.30pm. Garden closes at 5pm
- You may arrive at any time within your time slot and stay as long as you like within garden opening hours
- Bettys Café Tea Rooms and Tea House are closed until further notice. Hot refreshments are available from a coffee van (10am–4pm daily)
Book garden time slot
How to cancel your booking
If you cannot now attend, you can cancel your booking for a refund, please email email@example.com and include your booking reference in the email title.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remains our top priority. We ask that everyone visiting Harlow Carr please familiarise themselves with the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings in any buildings or enclosed spaces, unless they are exempt under Government guidance.
- Please read the public health messaging displayed around Harlow Carr
- Wash hands more frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres from people outside of your household
To help keep our visitors and staff safe and maintain social distancing the following measures have been implemented:
- Separate entry and exit points to the garden where possible
- Floor markings to indicate appropriate distances while queueing at the garden entrance
- Screens at welcome desks and checkouts
- Hand sanitiser available to staff and visitors at strategic points
- Card transactions only – no cash payments
- Toilets available at the garden entrance and near the Old Bath House
- Play areas are open; please stay safe and adhere to all social distancing measures
- The Learning Centre, Library and Advisory Desk remain closed
To maintain accessibility for all our visitors we have:
- Maintained full accessibility across the garden, Welcome building and Garden Centre
- A limited number of mobility vehicles and manual push wheelchairs are available. To book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org preferably with 24 hours notice
- Members of staff on hand to bring you a wheelchair to use while you wait
- Ample accessible parking
- Accessible toilet facilities available at the garden entrance and in the garden
Please note: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) you will not be permitted entry to Harlow Carr.
Harlow Carr contact information
If you have any further concerns, please contact us.
For RHS Membership queries, please contact: email@example.com