Garden: 9.30am–5pm Monday–Sunday (pre-booked time slots only)
Shop and Plant Centre: 9.30am–5.30pm Monday–Saturday; 11am–5pm Sunday
Book garden time slot
We are delighted to have reopened RHS Garden Harlow Carr. In order to effectively manage social distancing measures, we're asking all visitors to pre-book a time slot in advance of their visit. We thank our members and visitors for their patience and support in returning to the garden.
- All visitors including members, guests of members and under 5s will require a pre-booked time slot
- In line with Government guidance visitors are asked to avoid meeting in groups greater than six, unless they are part of the same household or support bubble
- Visitors are asked to display their booking confirmation and valid membership cards on arrival at the garden. You will not be allowed entry to the garden without confirmation of your booking
- Members are allowed to bring one adult guest or up to two children per membership card holder (in line with existing membership terms)
- Time slots available for booking between 9.30am and 4pm. Last admission at 4pm. Garden closes at 5pm
- You may arrive at any time within your time slot and stay as long as you like within garden opening hours
- Hot and cold refreshments available from Bettys Café Tea Rooms (9am–5pm) and Tea House (9.30am–5pm)
Book garden time slot
If you can't make your pre-booked time slot, please try to cancel it so that someone else can enjoy a visit. To cancel your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance and include your booking reference.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remains our top priority. We ask that everyone visiting Harlow Carr please familiarise themselves with the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- All visitors are advised to wear face coverings in any buildings or enclosed spaces, unless they are exempt under Government guidance.
- Please read the public health messaging displayed around Harlow Carr
- Wash hands more frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres from people outside of your household
To help keep our visitors and staff safe and maintain social distancing the following measures have been implemented:
- Separate entry and exit points to the garden where possible
- Floor markings to indicate appropriate distances while queueing at the garden entrance
- Screens at welcome desks and checkouts
- Hand sanitiser available to staff and visitors at strategic points
- Card transactions only – no cash payments
- Toilets available at the garden entrance and near the Old Bath House
- All play areas are open, including the Logness Monster slide and inside the Tree House – please stay safe and adhere to all social distancing measures
- The Learning Centre, Library and Advisory Desk remain closed
To maintain accessibility for all our visitors we have:
- Maintained full accessibility across the garden, Welcome building, Shop and Plant Centre
- A limited number of mobility vehicles and manual push wheelchairs are available. To book, please email email@example.com preferably with 24 hours notice
- Members of staff on hand to bring you a wheelchair to use while you wait
- Ample accessible parking
- Accessible toilet facilities available at the garden entrance and in the garden
Please note: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) you will not be permitted entry to Harlow Carr.
Harlow Carr contact information
If you have any further concerns, please contact us.
For RHS Membership queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org