Garden: 9.30am–5pm Monday–Sunday (pre-booked time slots only)
Shop and Plant Centre: 9.30am–5.30pm Monday–Saturday; 11am–5pm Sunday
Book garden time slot
Following the latest Government guidance, we are delighted to have reopened RHS Garden Harlow Carr. In order to effectively manage social distancing measures, we're asking all visitors to pre-book a time slot in advance of their visit. We thank our members and visitors for their patience and support in returning to the garden.
From Friday 24 July, all visitors to the Shop and Plant Centre, and visitors buying takeaway food and drink from our indoor catering facilities, are required to wear a face covering, unless they are exempt under Government guidance.
- All visitors including members, guests of members and under 5s will require a pre-booked
- Visitors are asked to display their booking confirmation and valid membership cards on arrival at the garden. You will not be allowed entry to the garden without confirmation of your booking
- Members are allowed to bring one adult guest or up to two children per membership card holder (in line with existing membership terms)
- Time slots available for booking between 9.30am and 4pm. Last admission at 4pm. Garden closes at 5pm
- You may arrive at any time within your time slot and stay as long as you like within garden opening hours
- Takeaway hot and cold refreshments available from Bettys Café Tea Rooms (9am–5pm) and Tea House (9.30am–5pm)
Book garden time slot
If you can't make your pre-booked time slot, please try to cancel it so that someone else can enjoy a visit. To cancel your booking, please email email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance and include your booking reference.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remains our top priority. We ask that everyone visiting Harlow Carr please familiarise themselves with the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- Please read the public health messaging displayed around Harlow Carr
- Wash hands more frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres from people outside of your household
To help keep our visitors and staff safe and maintain social distancing the following measures have been implemented:
- Separate entry and exit points to the garden where possible
- Floor markings to indicate appropriate distances while queueing at the garden entrance
- Screens at welcome desks and checkouts
- Hand sanitiser available to staff and visitors at strategic points
- Card transactions only – no cash payments
- Toilets available at the garden entrance and near the Old Bath House
- All play areas are open, including the Logness Monster slide and inside the Tree House – please stay safe and adhere to all social distancing measures
- The Learning Centre, Library and Advisory Desk remain closed
To maintain accessibility for all our visitors we have:
- Maintained full accessibility across the garden, Welcome building, Shop and Plant Centre
- Manual push wheelchairs available to reserve in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members of staff on hand to bring you a wheelchair to use while you wait
- Ample accessible parking
- Accessible toilet facilities available at the garden entrance and in the garden
Please note: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) you will not be permitted entry to Harlow Carr.
Harlow Carr contact information
If you would like to cancel your booking, have further concerns or would like to book a manual push wheelchair please contact us.
For RHS Membership queries, please contact: email@example.com