Garden: 10am–6pm Monday–Sunday (pre-booked time slots only)
Book garden time slot
Garden Centre: 10am–6pm Monday–Saturday
11am–5pm (browsing from 10.30am) Sunday (closed Easter Sunday)
(there is no need to pre-book to visit the Garden Centre)
Updated 29 March 2021
RHS Garden Hyde Hall is open. In order to effectively manage social distancing measures, we’re asking all visitors to the garden to pre-book a time slot in advance of their visit.
In line with current Government guidelines, enclosed areas of the garden, including the glasshouse in the Global Growth Vegetable Garden and Bird Hide, remain closed. Play areas are open. Indoor catering venues are closed, but takeaway options are available.
You can check the latest Government restrictions in England here.
Hyde Hall Garden Centre remains open and you do not need to pre-book to visit the Garden Centre.
We’re hugely grateful for the continued support of our members and visitors.
- All visitors including members, guests of members and under 5s will require a pre-booked time slot
- In line with Government guidance, visitors are asked to avoid meeting in groups greater than six people or two households
- Visitors are asked to display their booking confirmation and valid membership cards on arrival at the garden. You will not be allowed entry to the garden without confirmation of your booking
- Members are allowed to bring one adult guest or up to two children per membership card holder (in line with existing membership terms)
- Time slots available for booking between 10am and 5pm. Last admission at 5pm. Garden closes at 6pm
- You may arrive at any time within your time slot and stay as long as you like within garden opening hours
- Takeaway food and drink is available from the Thatched Barn and Gardeners Rest Restaurant 10am – 4.45pm. Clover Café remains closed.
Book garden time slot
How to cancel your booking
If you cannot now attend, you can cancel your booking for a refund, please email email@example.com and include your booking reference in the email title.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remains our top priority. We ask that everyone visiting Hyde Hall please familiarise themselves with the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- All visitors are advised to wear face coverings in any buildings or enclosed spaces, unless they are exempt under Government guidance
- Please read the public health messaging displayed around Hyde Hall
- Wash hands more frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres from people outside of your household
To help keep our visitors and staff safe and maintain social distancing the following measures have been implemented:
- Separate entry and exit points to the garden where possible
- Floor markings to indicate appropriate distances while queueing at the garden entrance
- Screens at welcome desks and checkouts
- Hand sanitiser available to staff and visitors at strategic points
- Card transactions only – no cash payments
- Toilets available at the Welcome building and Hilltop Garden, with limited numbers at any one time
- The children’s play area is open; please adhere to all social distancing measures
- The Bird Hide, Learning Centre, Reading Room and Advisory Desk remain closed
- Additional areas of the garden where gardeners are working may be closed for a short while
To maintain accessibility for all our visitors we have:
- Manual push wheelchairs available on the day
- Please note: the mobility vehicle is not in service and we currently cannot hire mobility scooters
- Ample accessible parking
- Accessible toilet facilities available at the entrance and Hilltop
- Full accessibility across the garden, Welcome building, Garden Centre
- Accessibility entrance available on arrival
Please note: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) you will not be permitted entry to Hyde Hall.
Hyde Hall contact information
If you have any further concerns please contact us.
Telephone: 01245 402019; if someone is not available to take your call, please leave a message and we will get back to you. Please note this number is for general enquiries, garden visits are via online bookings only.
Book garden time slot
For RHS Membership queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org