Notes to editors
Please email the RHS Press Office at email@example.com
to obtain images from RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
Full details of all exhibitors are available on the RHS Media Centre. Please visit http://press.rhs.org.uk/
RHS Chelsea Flower Show
(21 – 25 May 2019)
20 May Press Day
21 – 22 May RHS members only
23 – 25 May RHS members and non-members
25 May 8am – 5.30pm (sell off starts at 4pm)
Royal Hospital, Chelsea, London SW3 4SL
To book tickets
0844 995 9664 / rhs.org.uk/shows
* Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
RHS Chelsea Garden Product of the Year 2019 shortlist:
- Stadler Wood Fired Oven, by Distinctive Garden, RRP £595, www.distinctivegarden.co.uk
- Cuba, by Light Innovation, RRP £275, www.lightinnovation.com
- Jonas Breakfast Table in Aged Oak with Belgian Bluestone Top, by Oxenwood, RRP £3,327, www.oxenwood.co.uk
- Swan Watering Can, by husk., RRP £8, www.madewithhusk.com
- Ooni Koda, by Ooni Pizza Ovens, RRP £249, www.ooni.com
- Grand Plant Belles, by Plant Belles, RRP £53, www.plantbelles.co.uk
- Tree of Life Illuminated Wall Mount, by The Firepit Company, RRP £699, www.thefirepitcompany.co.uk
- Bamboo Pots and Seed Trays, by Haxnicks, RRP £3.99-£6.99, www.haxnicks.co.uk
- Tressa Planter, by Tom Raffield, RRP £12,500, www.tomraffield.com
- HOTBIN mini, by HOTBIN composting, RRP £150, www.hotbincomposting.com
- Container Weeder, by Burgon & Ball, RRP £11.99, www.burgonandball.com
- Obelisk Composter, by Wilstone, RRP £39 (composter) £59 (obelisk), www.wilstone.com
- Stadler wood fired oven, Distinctive Garden: An outdoor wood fired oven designed by Pieter Stadler. The oven is self-assembly from laser-cut corten steel panels and features high end cooking stones.
- Cuba, Light Innovation: A portable LED lantern with Bluetooth speaker that can be used in the garden or anywhere outside.
- Jonas Breakfast Table, Oxenwood: An original robust and maintenance-free outdoor table made of indigenous FSC and PEFC accredited oak.
- Swan Indoor Watering Can, Husk: A plastic-free indoor watering can created using a unique formula of Agricultural by-products mixed with a plant fibre base. The can is fully biodegradable.
- Ooni Koda, Ooni Pizza Ovens: An innovative gas-powered oven that’s ready to use right out of the box. A clean, streamlined silhouette paired with one-touch gas ignition for easy, convenient outdoor cooking.
- Grand George Bell, Plant Belles: Part of a unique, new range of grow-through plant supports, ideal for very large herbaceous plants and unruly shrub roses. Made from a heavier gauge wire than previous grow-throughs and inspired by the Sissinghurst Method.
- Tree of Life Illuminated Wall Mount, The Firepit Company: Handmade wall-lighting feature created by sculptor Andy Gage. Made from the same steel used in their hugely popular firepits.
- Bamboo Pots and Seed Trays, Haxnicks: A sustainable non-plastic alternative for gardeners looking to move away from single-use plastic. Made from bamboo, rice, and natural resin and available in sage green or terracotta colour in a range of sizes.
- Tressa Planter, Tom Raffield: A curving 3D organic structural planter, steam bent from undulating pieces of solid oak. Suited to both indoor and outdoor use.
- HOTBIN mini, HOTBIN composting: Mini hot composting bin designed for smaller households, produces compost in 30-90 days (including from cooked food, small bones, and perennial weeds). Includes a leachate collection system and odour control.
- Container Weeder, Burgon & Ball: Part of a new RHS-endorsed tool collection designed to make container gardening easier. The weeder has been designed for use in small spaces where a hand hoe might nick a prized plant in a closely-planted display.
- Obelisk Composter, Wilstone: A combination between an attractive obelisk for plant support and a composter which directly feeds the plant around it from the resulting compost.
About RHS Chelsea Garden Product of the Year
The RHS Chelsea Garden Product of the Year was launched in 2011 to recognise the best new garden products at the show. An expert judging panel consisting of garden journalists, industry buyers and business entrepreneurs assess the product finalists, taking into account innovation, visual appeal, functionality, quality, value for money and environmental sustainability.
This year the winning product will be awarded during the show on Press Day, Monday 20 May 2019.
About the RHS
The Royal Horticultural Society, the world’s leading gardening charity, was founded in 1804 by Sir Joseph Banks and John Wedgwood. Our vision is to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place. This aspiration underpins all that we do, from inspirational gardens and shows, through our scientific research, to our education and community programmes such as Campaign for School Gardening and Britain in Bloom. We produce key publications, hold a world-class collection of horticultural books and botanical art, and sell the very best plants and gardening gifts.
The RHS is fundraising £40m to transform our gardens, outreach and education facilities, which includes redeveloping our flagship RHS Garden Wisley and opening a new garden, RHS Garden Bridgewater, in 2020. We are solely funded by our members, visitors and supporters. For more information visit www.rhs.org.uk
RHS Registered Charity No. 222879/SC038262