Following the uncertainty surrounding events during the Covid-19 pandemic, the RHS cancelled 2020’s RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival 2020, originally set to take place in July of that year, was rescheduled to September in the hope that circumstances might allow it to go ahead – however, that was not possible. Since 2020, we’re delighted that RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, and other RHS Shows, have returned:
Regarding the 2020 cancellations, Sue Biggs, the then RHS Director General, said: “We had so hoped that we could hold our much-loved RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival this autumn for our members, visitors, exhibitors and sponsors, but sadly in these challenging times this is just not possible.
“The health and safety of people is our primary consideration and we are carefully following Government advice and making responsible decisions.
“Our Virtual Chelsea online event did so much to bring some horticultural joy to the nation as well as crucially supporting the horticulture industry. We continue to promote our nurseries through The Garden magazine and online during this time.”
Shows cancelled for 2020 included:
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival – it was postponed to 10–15 September (originally scheduled 7–12 July)
- RHS Tatton Park Flower Show (originally scheduled 22–26 July)
- RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show – it was postponed to 2–6 September (originally scheduled 5–9 August)
- RHS Wisley Flower Show (originally scheduled 8–13 September)
- RHS Rosemoor Flower Show – it was postponed to 18–20 September (originally scheduled 14–16 August)
You may also be interested in...