The RHS Grow Your Own iPhone app
The RHS Grow Your Own iPhone application (app) is designed to help you choose and grow fruit and vegetables - however much space or time you have. The base application is free and covers the 20 most popular varieties of fruit and veg.
New! Available now
Buy additional content bundles (for £1.79 each) to extend the content of the app.
The basic FREE app includes:
- Tools to help you choose vegetables and fruit for your garden based on your level of expertise, and your available space and time
- Access to expert RHS advice about your chosen fruit/veg with detailed growing, sowing and harvesting instructions as well as varieties that we recommend
- Calendar function with alerts to remind you what to do and when based on your chosen fruit/veg in ‘My Garden’
- Common problems you might encounter, with photos to help identify them, including pests and diseases and what to do about them
- Location-aware frost warnings to help you protect your plants
- Location-aware watering reminders and drought alerts
- Links to the RHS plants site to buy quality RHS plants
- Access to the RHS Grow Your Own forum, to ask questions, advice and chat to fellow gardeners
- Content covering 20 popular fruit and veg - apple, blackcurrant, blueberry, cabbage, carrot, courgette, french bean, garlic, leek, lettuce, onion, pear, pepper, potato, radish, raspberry, runner bean, salad leaves, strawberry and tomato
NEW! Upgrade to more fruit and veg
For £1.79 you can purchase more content in the following bundles:
Vegetables 1: asparagus, beetroot, broad bean, brussel sprouts, calabrese, cauliflour, chinese cabbage, cucumber, endive, kohlrabi, komatsuna, Lablab beans, mizuna, okra, parsnip, pea, pumpkin, salsify, spinach, sweetcorn
Vegetables 2: aubergine, broccoli, celeriac, celery, chard, chicory, chilli pepper, Chinese broccoli, dried beans, fennel, fennel, globe artichoke, jerusalem artichoke, pak choi, rocket, shallot, soya beans, swede, sweet potato, turnip
Fruit: apricot, blackberry, cherry, citrus, cranberry, fig, gooseberry, grape, kiwi, medlar, melon, mulberry, olive, peach, plum, quince, redcurrant, rhubarb, walnut, whitecurrant
Herbs: basil, bayleaf, chamomile, chervil, chives, coriander, dill, horseradish, lemongrass, marjoram, mint, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, savory, sorrel, tarragon, thyme
NB: For users who upgraded to the paid version last year with an in-app upgrade, you will be able to upgrade to the new version for free, and the RHS will give you Vegetables 1 and Fruit as a thank you for your loyalty and feedback.