RHS Garden Rosemoor's Autumn Woodfest will be a fun-filled weekend of activities, wood crafts, yoga, great food and talks, plus much more for all the family. See artisans at work on traditional crafts, including woodturning, carving and whittling, basket weaving and spinning in our Garen Room from Friday to Sunday. There will also be a chance to purchase some stunning wood crafts from some of the best wood traders in the region.
Woodfest Crafts: stalls and demonstrations in The Garden Room
Friday & Saturday, 10am–4pm and Sunday, 10am–3pm
See artisans at work on traditional crafts, including woodturning, carving and whittling, basket weaving and spinning. A chance to also purchase some stunning wood crafts from some of the best wood traders in the region.
Talks in the Learning Centre:
- 12.30pm: Holt Wood Herbs talk by Anne Stobbart – Anne has published some of her historical research in Household Medicine in Seventeenth-century England and is currently working on a book on the medicinal forest garden
Kundalini Yoga by the Lake (In the Lecture Hall if wet weather)
- 11.30am: Devon Hedge Group, Michelle Werrett (from Devon Hedge Group) – covering everything to do with hedges - the history, management and its wildlife.
- 12.30pm: Holt Wood Herbs talk by Anne Stobbart – Anne has published some of her historical research in Household Medicine in Seventeenth-century England and is currently working on a book on the medicinal forest garden.
- 2pm: Joanna Foat, The Lumberjills of Second World War – Author Joanna Foat takes you on a new journey of discovery telling you the intriguing story of the forgotten `Lumberjills’ – women who took on the role of foresters during the Second World War
Saturday only (11am & 2pm)
Kundalini is the yoga of awareness, offering an experience which encompasses asana (postures and movement), pranayama (breath control) with mantra (chanting) and mudras (symbolic hand gestures). You will be taken through a set pattern of movements and will feel huge benefits even from this short practice delivered by Darshan in beautiful nature by the lake at RHS Garden Rosemoor.
Suitable for all adults, there is no beginner or advanced set. Please bring a towel or yoga mat.
Lumberjack Tree Trail (daily)
Families can explore the whole of the gardens with a wonderful tree trail.
Experiences in the Stream Field
Saturday & Sunday 10am–4pm
Guided walk of woodlands outside of normal public access
- Kids tree climbing and forestry school with The Kids Adventure Company
- Learn archery with Exmoor Archer
- Fun nature craft workshops for all ages with Naomi of Naturemake
- Be inspired by the traditions of wooden boat building with the Lyme Regis Boat Building Academy
- Demos with James Hayes Machinery
- Tree planting demo
2pm Friday–Sunday: Meet at the Learning Centre
sorry, not suitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs.
Saturday & Sunday 11am–4pm
Ben May and his heavy horse team removing felled trees from the Woodland the traditional way.
Friday–Sunday at 2.45pm
Steph Bradley narrating enchanting tales of Celtic Trees.
at 11.30am & 2.30pm Sunday
The Shepherds Rest
for delicious hot beverages
Don't forget to visit the Plant Centre
for a full range of ornamental trees, advice and planting tips.
Friday & Saturday, 10am–5pm