Honey fungus: managing outbreaks
Honey fungus infection can be deadly for plants. If it’s present in your garden soil there are several options you can use to control the disease and prevent future infections from emerging.
- Different honey fungus species can be responsible
- Spreads through soil, up to 1 metre per year
- A wide range of plants are susceptible
- Fungus feeds on plant roots and stems
- To treat, remove as much food (wood) as possible
The Royal Horticultural Society is the UK’s leading gardening charity. We aim to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place.