A pond or water feature is an essential element in the garden for birds and other animals to drink from and bathe in. By installing a bog garden, pond or even a bird bath, the water becomes a full ecosystem, where amphibians can breed and a myriad of pondlife will make your garden their home.
- In a pond with gently sloping sides
- In a pond in a pot, old bath or half barrel water feature
- On a partially submerged log
- Among the damp mud at the heart of a bog garden
- Around the margins of stream or riverbank
- In a wildlife-friendly rain garden
The Royal Horticultural Society is the UK’s leading gardening charity. We aim to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place.