Terms & Conditions
In using this service the purchaser (“you”) agrees to the wider Terms & Conditions of usage of the Royal Horticultural Society website.
The Royal Horticultural Society (the “RHS”, “we” or “our”) and our authorised agent and distributor (the “Online Ticket Agent”) sell and issue tickets for entry (the “Tickets”) to RHS Garden Bridgewater, RHS Garden Harlow Carr, RHS Garden Hyde Hall, RHS Garden Rosemoor and RHS Garden Wisley.
Issue of e-tickets
Once a booking has been confirmed the e-ticket(s) will be sent to the e-mail address specified. It is your responsibility to check prior to purchase that the information supplied to the RHS in respect of the e-ticket requirements is accurate. The RHS is only responsible for issuing e-tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
At the time of purchase, you and if specified the recipient of the ticket will be provided with a booking reference number. Please keep this separate from the e-ticket, as in the instance of lost or deleted e-tickets the ticket holder will not be able to gain entry to the RHS Garden that you have paid for without the booking reference number.
You must not resell, auction, donate (other than to the named gift recipient), offer for sale or advertise Tickets for sale via the internet or elsewhere.
Tickets must be bought or obtained only directly from us or our Online Ticket Agency. We reserve the right to refuse to sell or distribute to individuals, companies or agencies who we suspect have resold, or intend to resell Tickets or who we suspect have otherwise contravened, or intend to contravene, the conditions.
A Ticket obtained in contravention of the conditions, or which in our reasonable opinion is being used or is intended to be used in contravention of the conditions, shall be void.
- All rights conferred or evidenced by such Ticket shall be nullified. This may include you being refused entry, or the Ticket being cancelled, without notification. No compensation will be provided and we reserve the right to withhold any refund. Any person seeking to use a Ticket obtained in contravention of the conditions whether used in order to gain access or remain at the Venue will be a trespasser and will be liable to legal action and subject to ejection
- Tickets remain our property at all times
- You must not use Tickets as prizes in promotions, hospitality or travel packages, auctions, lotteries or competitions (including charity auctions, lotteries or competitions) without our prior written consent
Ticket Purchase, Refunds and Validity
Once purchased neither the dates nor the RHS Garden for which an e-ticket has been purchased may be changed. Payments for e-tickets are non-refundable, except in the circumstances of the Garden being closed for the full day on the specified ticket date or in the circumstances outlined in our refund policy below. Exceptional closures are noted on the RHS website. As the Ticket is for a specified period, you do not have any right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations or otherwise. Once the ticket holder has visited using the e-ticket purchased it will be void and cannot be used again. Tickets are only valid for the period specified on the Tickets.
On arrival at the RHS Garden, the following will be required in order to validate an e-ticket purchased through this website:
A legible print-out of the e-ticket or by showing the confirmation email on a mobile phone, which will be scanned. Failure to bring either of these may delay the admission process. Please note that, if using a mobile phone, the ticket holder must also bring with them the reference number in case of a poor reception at the RHS Garden entrance
The RHS reserves the right to charge the normal RHS Garden admission prices to any persons not able to validate their e-ticket in the above manner but who still wish to enter the RHS Garden
Please note that all ticket prices are subject to change without prior notice and may vary through different sales channels (e.g. website and at the Garden entrance)
Any additional persons wishing to enter with a holder of an e-ticket will be required to pay the RHS Garden admission prices as stated at the Garden entrance
If the entire Garden is closed for a whole day on your planned day of visiting and you are unable to come any other time in the validity period of your ticket, then the original Buyer of the tickets will be refunded with the amount that they paid for the ticket(s). The maximum refund payable will be the face value of the ticket(s) for the day concerned.
General Refund conditions
Only the original Buyer of the tickets is eligible for refunds
In the instance of a Garden being closed on your planned day of visit, you should email the relevant RHS Garden within seven days of the day concerned to arrange a refund; for Wisley, [email protected]; for Bridgewater, [email protected]; for Harlow Carr, [email protected]; for Hyde Hall, [email protected] and for Rosemoor, [email protected]. Wherever possible and in accordance with the provisions above, refunds will be made automatically by RHS or the Online Ticket Agency, using the original payment method (i.e. direct to credit / debit card account)
Ticket holders will not be eligible for refunds if tickets were purchased from any other source other than through the RHS or the Online Ticket Agency including but not limited to unauthorised ticket agencies, exchange websites or other sources
Refunds will only be given on tickets, according to the terms and conditions
- RHS shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind whether direct or consequential, including but not limited to travel expenses, car parking fees and catalogues and you and the ticket holder waive all rights of whatsoever nature against RHS, the Online Ticket Agency’s, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives in respect of injury, death, loss or damage arising from or pursuant to the e-booking or any visit to the Garden. Nothing in the terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict liability for personal injury or death due to negligence
- Refunds will not be given for 25 December as the gardens are closed on this day
Food and Drink ‘Experience’ Packages
- If you have booked a package that includes food or drink (such as afternoon tea, brunch or picnic), it is your responsibility or the responsibility of the gift recipient to contact the relevant RHS Garden caterers to book the required day and time of the catering package, except for RHS Garden Harlow Carr where bookings cannot be made. This must be done at least four days prior to the visit. The RHS cannot guarantee availability on any specific date
- Please note that there are restrictions on the times certain meals are served and catering outlets within the RHS Gardens have different opening times to the Gardens. Check each of the RHS Gardens pages for more details
- Unless cancelled by the RHS or where separate terms and conditions apply, refund requests for pre-booked food and drink packages will only be considered where at least 48 hours’ notice is given to the RHS by email or telephone
Promotions and offers
- Please read the terms and conditions provided for any promotions or discounts before purchasing e-tickets
- Many promotions are only redeemable at certain times and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount
- The RHS reserves the right to decline any promotional voucher
Classes of Ticket Holders
For the purpose of ticket sales, the following definitions apply:
An Adult is a person aged 17 years or over
A Child ticket is valid for a person aged from 5 years to 16 years (inclusive). A child aged 4 years or under is admitted free. Children will not be admitted without an adult
A Family ticket is for two adults and two children aged from 5 years to 16 years (inclusive). Additional family child tickets, with the discounted rate are available at the garden entrance on arrival
Discounts on the standard adult admission prices are available for groups of 10 adults or more and are available by contacting the garden directly by phone, post or email. See the Groups page for more details
One companion is admitted free of charge per wheelchair user, visually impaired visitor or other person whose disability necessitates a carer. This ticket can be obtained at the garden entrance on arrival.
Access to RHS Gardens
The RHS Gardens are open every day except Christmas Day, 25 December. However, due to exceptional circumstances (for example, heavy snow, ice or high winds), the Garden (or parts thereof) may be forced to close
The visitor must check with the Garden before visiting to ensure that the Garden is open, either by calling the Garden or checking the website
Opening times vary throughout the year. Check each of the RHS Gardens pages for more details
The last admission to an RHS Garden is one hour prior to the advertised closing time of the Garden
Re-entry to the RHS Garden for non-members is only permitted with a ticket valid for the day of your visit
From time-to-time, the RHS Gardens may be forced to amend or cancel advertised events. If the ticket holder is coming for a specific event or garden feature, they must check with the Garden or on the RHS website before they visit to check if there have been any event changes or cancellations
The RHS reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry to or to remove from an RHS Garden, any person. This includes, but is not limited to, a person who:
Has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of the RHS, has, or is likely to, adversely affect the plant collection in the RHS Garden or the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner that may provoke a breach of the peace
Is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
RHS Garden Rules
It is prohibited to take the following into an RHS Garden:
Any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, blades, flammable liquids or other items that may cause injury
Skateboards, rollerblades, roller-skates, bikes, scooters and other forms of personal transport (excluding those for disabled visitor access such as wheelchairs and personal mobility vehicles)
Balls, frisbees, balloons or any other similar item
Pets or animals of any nature (except registered support dogs)
Musical instruments and sound systems, without prior written agreement
To prevent these items from being taken into an RHS Garden, or items being removed from an RHS Garden, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by RHS staff
To make the garden enjoyable and safe for everyone we ask visitors to an RHS Garden to please:
Avoid standing in any planted areas
Respect the plant collections by avoiding pulling, digging, removing or tearing plants or trees
Keep mobile telephone volumes low
Respect other visitors by not playing music through any device that others visitors can hear
Obtain authorisation from the RHS before filming or taking photographs of the RHS Garden for public broadcast, commercial purpose or student projects
Not throw any article which could cause injury or annoyance to visitors
Adhere to signage throughout the RHS Garden
There are no facilities for the storage of luggage at the RHS Gardens. Buggies and pushchairs are left unattended at their owner’s risk and any containers left unattended may be removed for security reasons. The RHS accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property brought into RHS Gardens.
From time-to-time, the RHS or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring (including by CCTV cameras) in the RHS Gardens, which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, the visitor agrees that the RHS or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. The visitor further agrees that copyright in these materials rests with the RHS or such authorised party (as the case may be). The visitor agrees also that these images may be used to monitor security and safety within the RHS Gardens.
Plants on show
The planting displays at RHS Gardens are dependent on weather, temperatures and other natural conditions, therefore, the RHS cannot guarantee which plants will be looking their best at the time of the visit. If the ticket holder is visiting to see a particular plant, please contact the RHS Garden before visiting.
The RHS is committed to protecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide personal information, the RHS will treat that information in accordance with its Privacy Statement and current UK data protection legislation. In particular, the RHS will keep your personal information accurate, up-to-date, secure and for no longer than is necessary.
When the RHS asks you for personal information, you will be sharing that information only with the RHS, unless stated otherwise. Where the RHS has asked another company to capture data or fulfil a service on its behalf, this is carried out under contract, which will require compliance with the RHS Privacy Statement and current UK data protection legislation.
You can opt out of any promotional mailings by emailing [email protected] or by calling 020 3176 5810 (lines are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays).
Online Ticket Agent
RHS Garden Tickets sold through the RHS website are processed and sold on behalf of the RHS by Merac Ltd, Barbican Centre, Lustleigh Close, Exeter, EX2 8PW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
Adult Learning courses and workshops
- Booking is essential. Please print or bring your online reservation and reference number to the garden entrance
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the RHS or if you can demonstrate that you have tested positive for Covid-19, are required to isolate, or there are government restrictions in place that mean you cannot travel to the course or workshop. In these circumstances, we will refund your tickets, (or offer you a credit voucher or exchange if you would prefer). We may need you to provide us with evidence to support your request
- The RHS reserves the right to cancel an event, in which case you will be fully refunded for your ticket booking. We regret that the RHS is not liable for any expenses incurred due to a cancelled course or workshop
- Courses and workshops require a minimum number of places to be sold in order for them to go ahead. If this minimum is not achieved by a week before the event, we reserve the right to cancel the event and refund any tickets booked
- If a tutor is unavailable to run their course, a suitable replacement tutor will be sought and you will be contacted. If we are unable to find an appropriate substitute, we will refund your ticket
- For any specific enquiries relating to your course, please contact the RHS Garden where you are attending the course