Family-friendly activities return along with new highlights and free entry for under 16s
With this year’s theme of ‘Gardening for Everyone’ there’s be plenty of activities for younger visitors to the show. Favourite features such as the Discovery Dome return along with new competitions and challenges for schools.
With talks, demonstrations, shopping and lots of food options RHS Malvern will keep the whole family busy.
The Discovery Dome was one of the show's most popular features in 2022 with lots of exciting activities for children including:
- Build a bird feeder with Wyldwood Willow and take it home to see what birds you can attract to your own garden.
- Take part in a planting workshop with Chris Collins.
- The University of Worcester are providing a variety of interactive activities, many of which will have a science focus.
Led by ex-Blue Peter gardener, Chris Collins, children and young people from local schools, colleges and groups are creating gardens based on the theme of ‘Bring your favourite book to life’.
Participants demonstrate their creative skills by devising imaginative and original garden designs. Come along and see if you can guess the books that have inspired their designs.
There is plenty going on for those that love the outdoors. Why not sit and relax while the children enjoy playing giant garden games and croquet?
- Oakey Bear invites you to give ‘willow weaving’ a go to create an array of large scale bespoke sculptures based on characters from well-known story books.
- Thomas Trilby provides his own unique international circus entertainment. Watch his stilt bike riding and juggling skills or join one of his exciting circus workshops on Saturday or Sunday.
- Visit the Worcestershire Beekeepers with live bees and learn about looking after them.
You might also be interested in...